The Development and Marketing Coordinator supports the fundraising and marketing initiatives of the institution and furthers the mission of the Library Company of Philadelphia. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and supports the Development and Special Events Manager and sits on the marketing committee and helps prepare for the Development Committee. This role provides ongoing support with monetary and in-kind fundraising, donor stewardship, event logistics, and database needs.
The ideal candidate is skilled at building and maintaining relationships, attentive to detail, technologically savvy, and committed to the mission of the Library Company.
Development and Marketing Operations
- Record all incoming donations by entering them into the donor database (CRM) and promptly recognizing the donor.
- Produce all acknowledgements including tribute acknowledgements.
Act as an active member of the development department including supporting the planning and logistics of member and fundraising events.
- Work with the event to vision and create member events and donor engagements. Support event preparation, day-of support, and event breakdown.
- Provide support for communications for member events, campaigns, fundraising events and public program (as necessary). Work within constant contact and graphic designer for both digital and printed communications.
- Run reports for internal use to inform fundraising efforts, prepare mailing lists, and monitor progress to goals. Conduct prospect research as necessary.
- Keep donor database updated including the creation and updating of records for new and potential donors, including prospect research where assigned. Maintain database in all other aspects and work with vendor to ensure that database is running efficiently.
- Support the acquisition of new members, retention of current members and management of the membership process. Work with Development and Special Event Manager to welcome new members and support the membership structure and programs.
- Serve as liaison to finance team including monthly reconciliation, appropriate financial coding, etc.
- Manage stewardship steps for new and current donors.
- Support the creation of Young Advisors Program, engagement opportunities, and associated portfolio of donors.
- Support recruiting and orienting members to the development committee and other committee functions for the Library Company
- Manage committee logistics like scheduling meetings, preparing and distributing materials, recording attendance, and taking and distributing minutes.
- Facilitate ongoing data entry for all inkind donations. Liaise with the operations team to ensure that this process continues and acknowledgements are received and uploaded into the CRM (Salesforce)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Support Fund Development, Marketing, and External Affairs’ shared initiatives, including Appeals, Events, Newsletters, and others as assigned.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the Library Company’s mission, goals, and objectives, including immense respect toward the community served.
- Strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, community partners, clients, and members of the community.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and related systems, with experience in donor/constituent relationship management platforms (CRMs) strongly preferred, specifically Salesforce, Classy, and Constant Contact.
- Knowledge of graphic design encouraged. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva or other design software.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Non-profit experience required
- Experience working virtually preferred
Interested candidates should attach a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and three written professional references and send to hiring manager: Raechel Hammer, Chief Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000 to $41,000.00
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- 401 (K)
- 401 (K) Matching
- Monday to Friday (8:45 am to 4:45 pm)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience: (1-3 years)