Applications for 2024–25 long-term dissertation fellowships have closed.
How to apply
- Prepare a pdf file containing the required elements listed in the “Application Elements” section below; name the file using this format: Lastname_Firstname_application.
- Complete the application form (available below) and follow instructions for uploading the pdf file.
- Request two letters of recommendation; see guidelines below.
- If you have questions, need assistance, or need to resubmit, email email@example.com.
Prepare a single PDF file containing the following elements; name the file using this convention: Lastname_Firstname_application:
- optional cover letter
- project abstract (ca. 150 words)
- narrative proposal (single-spaced, not to exceed 1,500 words), including an overview of your research and description of how Library Company collections (and, if relevant, Historical Society of Pennsylvania collections) will support your research
- brief CV (not to exceed four pages)
- writing sample (no more than 25 pages, not including end notes)
Letters of recommendation
Two letters of recommendation should be uploaded here directly by the writers; please ask recommenders to name files using this format: Lastname_Firstname_letter.
Option to be considered for short-term fellowship opportunities
On the application form, there is the option to check a box asking to be considered for short-term fellowship opportunities. Applicants for dissertation fellowships will be considered first by the selection committees for long-term (one-semester or full academic year) awards; in the event the applicant does not receive a long-term award, the applicant will then be considered for a short-term award.
We are eager to receive your application and happy to help with any questions you may have. If you need to resubmit, have issues with the application portal, or have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.