Applications for 2024–25 short-term fellowships are now open with a submission deadline of February 1, 2024 (at midnight ET).
How to apply
- Prepare a pdf file containing the required elements listed in the “Application Elements” section below; name the file using this format: Lastname_Firstname_application.
- Complete the application form (available below) and follow instructions for uploading the pdf file.
- Request one letter of recommendation; see guidelines below.
- If you have questions, need assistance, or need to resubmit, email email@example.com.
Applicants will be considered for all short-term fellowships offered by the Library Company of Philadelphia and/or the Historical Society of Pennsylvania for which they and their projects are eligible. If you wish to receive particular consideration for one of our opportunities, you may indicate that in an optional cover letter.
Prepare a single PDF file containing the following elements; name the file using this convention: Lastname_Firstname_application:
- optional cover letter
- project abstract (ca. 150 words)
- narrative proposal (single-spaced, not to exceed 1,500 words), including an overview of your research and description of how Library Company and/or Historical Society of Pennsylvania collections will support your research
- brief CV (not to exceed four pages)
Letters of recommendation
One letter of recommendation should be uploaded here directly by the writer. The applicant will receive an automatically generated email message confirming when a letter has been uploaded.
We are eager to receive your application and happy to help with any questions you may have. If you need to resubmit, have issues with the application portal, or have any questions, write to Fellowships Manager Christine Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org).